Content Manager can be configured to help limit students from sending messages to users outside of your domain.
However, at this time, outbound messages sent to external users can bypass the Content Manager in two cases:
- A user sends a message to multiple recipients and includes both internal and external users on “To” line of a message.
- A user includes an external recipient in the “Bcc” line of a message.
This means, while you can create a filter
so that users only receive mail from within the domain, they may be able to send mail outside their domain.
To help limit outbound messages, follow the basic steps for configuring Inbound Content Manager with two changes:
- To enable Outbound Content Manager: In the Organization Management page, under Outbound Services, click Content Manager, then follow the steps to configure.
- When creating a filter for Outbound Content Manager, set up the filter to check the recipient (instead of sender) field in step 6:
- Location: The part of the message to scan. Choose “Recipient”.
To more information on how Content Manager works and additional uses, see the Content Manager chapter in the Administration Guide